Christmas Decorated Lighted Jars
I made these with fall decorations and now did a few for the Christmas table we will have at our fall festival. I love the beauty of the pine, the seasonal decorations, and the ribbons!
- Mason jar
- Modge Podge
- paint brush
- sprays of artificial Christmas silk flowers and decorations
- Christmas ribbon
- hot glue gun & glue sticks
- battery operated tea light for each
- Prior to making, have all the flowers and decorations cut up in pieces.
- Take the jar in one hand, put your hand inside while you paint the Mod Podge all over the jar. While it is wet, sprinkle with gold or silver glitter.
- Let this dry. I use a small fan and it dries in 10 minutes.
- Using the glue gun, start first by putting a ribbon around the rim, you can tie it in a neat knot or a bow. Put 3 dots of glue in three places on the rim then apply the ribbon.
- Now using hot glue start applying pieces of pine in a few places around the jar.
- Next apply a few pine cones, about three. Apply some poinsettias, place them in different ways around the jar. You can add whatever decorations you want without adding too much! You want to make sure that there is room for light to shine through.
- Fill in as much as you want to. When you are done, put a battery operated tea light inside and it will certainly make you smile.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!