DecorationsChristmas

Christmas Egg Carton Wreath

You can start saving egg cartons to make this inexpensive holiday wreath. If you want your wreath to be larger, you'll need more cartons. This is an example of a wreath made with just 1 carton. Overall, it is an inexpensive project made using materials/supplies you may even already have!

Total Time: 1.5 hours

1. Cut apart individual egg carton pieces, a total of 12 pieces.
  2. Trim around the edges until you get a nice flat/smooth surface, about 3/4 - 1".
  3. Ready to paint the egg carton pieces with your choice of color and allow to dry. *I allowed my egg carton pieces to dry overnight.
  4. Once dried, using a hole puncher poke a hole and another one again across from it (so you can thread through the craft wire.)
  5. Using craft wire, thread all your egg cartons through.
  6. Using cutters, cut wire leaving a little room so you can secure a wire knot.
  7. To keep the egg cartons in place and not flipping around, dab hot glue in the inside near where the holes are punched.
  8. Ready to decorate the wreath however you'd like. I made a bow with ribbon I already had on hand.
  9. I also had a leftover "Merry Christmas" ribbon so I tied a knot in the center of the wreath. I also dabbed a little hot glue from ribbon to egg carton so it'll stay in place and can be read.
  10. Secure bow onto wreath and ready to display!

Looks adorable!

What a lovely little wreath and truly inexpensive with items most every one has on hand. Thumbs Up!