Christmas Gift Ideas for Nurses

Finding appropriate, useful gifts for people who care for others can be a challenge. This guide contains Christmas gift ideas for nurses.

Need ideas for Christmas gifts for 40 nurses. This needs to be inexpensive.

By Barbara from Union, MS

Answers

Best Answer

Lotion.

Best Answer

I'd make either bags of Chex Mix or Hidden Valley Ranch oyster crackers-also wonderful if you have any diabetics in the group! My children's teachers loved getting Chex Mix from them each Christmas! Even little jars or cups (try Good Will for unusual ones!) filled with hard candy or fudge would be fun! Tie them with a fancy ribbon and bow and you're good to go!

Best Answer

I remember several years ago that my husband received for Christmas, a little clear plastic bag that had some oatmeal and a bit of glitter in it, and it was labeled "Reindeer Food." The bag had a tiny piece of curling ribbon on it. We loved it.

Best Answer

We are 30 in our Sunday School class and every year it gets more expensive. I have done clear glass ball ornaments with paint poured inside and swished and then written on the outside the year and class name.

This year I am quilling angel (just paper and time) hanging ornaments. I have made homemade soap, candles, etc. Fast, cheap and useful!

Best Answer

Hi! One of my favorite gifts--for someone I have not already gifted with this--is to make a rice bag. You can take either a nice hand towel, or some inexpensive polar fleece (I usually use the fleece) and sew a square packet, then fill it with rice, and sew it shut. With the fleece, I then take a pair of scissors and fringe the edges for a nice look.

The recipient can throw it in the microwave for roughly two minutes and it is a portable heating pack. The cost of something like this is very low, but for a sore spot or cold feet, it's indispensable, and takes very little time to make, even for a beginning sewer. Good luck!

Best Answer

If you can afford it, get each one a cup from a thrift shop or dollar tree, and also put in a tea bag, hot broth bag, apple cider mix, a few jelly beans or red hots, and of course, their cocoa!

Get some colored red and green cellophane that is out now, and tie it with a scrunchy or two if they have long hair, and if not, ribbon or lace.

The whole thing might cost 1.50 each. If you can't afford the mugs, bundle everything in a clear plastic cup with stickers on it like "Nurses are nothing without their patience" or "Nurses are all Heart". Good luck and have fun!

Here are some you can use that I have come across from time to time.
Nurses are I.V. Leaguers
Nurses call the shots
Nurses give Intensive Care
Nursing is a work of heart