Christmas Wreath and Tree Holiday Card
This is a very cute holiday card to make for someone special. I like the 3D appearance of this card from the wreath to the Christmas tree. This card was made with items I already had at home.
Total Time: 30 minutes
- paper trimmer
- glue spots
- glue stick
- ribbon or ribbon adhesive
- circular object (vitamin bottles)
- cardstock or construction paper/paper
- Select the color paper you want to use. I went with a white card measuring 5.5" height by 8.5" length. Then for the Christmas tree and inside color of my card, I went with a green. I cut the green paper to 5" height by 8" height so you can see the hint of white trim of the card.
- Fold the green paper in half, at the fold, cut a 1.5" inch slit and 1.5" away from the edge (or more depending how big you want your Christmas tree to be and depends on your card size).
- Now you will fold and crease a triangle for the Christmas tree. Then flip the other side and crease again.
- Open your card up and you will see a triangle.
- From behind, you want to pop the triangle out and crease the edges of the triangle so it will pop up when you open the card.
- Now glue the pop up Christmas tree insert to your white card.
- I cut a piece of brown paper for the tree trunk. (Optional) and glued it in place. You can leave your tree simplistic or decorate with stickers.
- For the front of the card, I made a wreath. I traced my circular object (vitamins) for the outer circle. Cut it out, then traced a smaller circular object (vitamins) to form my wreath.
- To make the poinsettia flower, I used red scrapbook paper 2" by 2". I folded the the long way and then in half again. At the fold (where the scissors are pointed) you want to cut out a leaf shape. When unravelled you will get the 4 petal flower shape. Crease each flower petal to get the 3D effect and repeat this step to get 2 flowers so you can glue it together.
- For the wreath, I used adhesive ribbon and wrapped it around the wreath like a garland.
- I glued the poinsettia flower to the wreath and for finishing touches, glued 3 beads in the center of the flower.
- Now take fnished wreath and using glue stick and glue bond, secure wreath to the card. On the front of the card underneath the wreath, you can write Happy Holidays or Merry Christmas (anything you like) and ready to write your message inside the card too.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!