Decorating Pumpkins Without Carving Them

Category Decorations
While carving pumpkins is the most common way to decorate them for the holidays, you can create funny, scary, and unique pumpkins without carving. A secondary benefit is that they often last longer. This is a guide about decorating pumpkins without carving them.

This year at the end of the season, buy up the Halloween masks when they are in the clearance piles. I purchased masks for pennies each and saved them until the next year. I place them on appropriately sized pumpkins and used them to decorate my front yard. I live across the street from an elementary school and they got lots of views!

By Linda from Lebanon, PA

A safe way for kids to decorate pumpkins.

Approximate Time: 30 minutes

Instructions:

Take any size pumpkin and let your little one make pictures on the pumpkin with the glue. Don't use too much or it will run down the pumpkin. After the glue is on sprinkle any desired color glitter on the pumpkin.

By Teresa L S. from Campbellsville, KY

Recently we were given a couple of pumpkins not in the greatest condition - they were dented, but it was perfect for the kids!

They just mixed their paints and painted the pumpkin all over - it looks beautiful! It is a perfect decoration and their masterpiece is on a pumpkin (instead of a canvas).

• paint
  • paintbrushes
  • pumpkin

I started this project because I volunteer at a senior center. I do arts & crafts with them there and have great fun. I am very limited in what they can use such as, hot glue, sharp scissors, or certain types of paints and most of all, carving!

So this is what I came up with. This is also great for young children.

Decorate a pumpkin with construction paper. It's safer then a knife carving pumpkin. Then attach beads, etc., whatever you have, even yarn for the hair.

Paint your pumpkins with Acrylic paint. Lightly trace face you want on pumpkin and then paint with acrylic paint. When dry spray lightly several times with acrylic spray to protect from damp weather.

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

I buy my Halloween pumpkins at the beginning of October to sit out on our porch. Instead of carving them right away, knowing they won't last until the end of the month, I take a black sharpie marker and draw the eyes, nose, and mouth and color them in, then sit it outside.

This is a guide about making minion pumpkins. These pill shaped characters are easy to make from a pumpkin.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes