Displaying Wedding Cupcakes

Category Food
Cupcakes are quite popular alternatives to the traditional wedding cake. This is a guide about displaying wedding cupcakes.

My friend was on a tight budget for her wedding, so she decided to have cupcakes instead of a wedding cake. My gift to her was this cupcake tree. The roses were leftovers from her bouquet, which she made, and the hydrangeas are from my garden.

By Sharon from Modesto, CA

To save money and have a prettier stand for the wedding "cupcakes" my sister-in-law and I came up with a great way to display them like a wedding cake, without the plastic tubes that cost so much!

We purchased a large mirror (22 inch) from Ikea for $15, then purchased a clear glass round (18 inch) another mirror (14 inch) and another clear round (10 inch) from Hobby Lobby. Then went to Dollar tree and purchased the taller crystal candle holders for $1 each (3), then a package of two sets of the really short ones, $1.

We glued them all together and made a beautiful cake stand for our friend's wedding. We will be using these for my daughter's wedding as well, maybe on the candy table to display candies.

By Sassyscrappin from Liberty Hill

How do I make a cupcake tree?

Denise from Chicago, IL

Answers:

Making a Cupcake Tree

I don't know how to make one- but I do know that my local craft store sells them - one holds 18 and it is about $20 and the other holds 48 and it is about $35. (03/10/2009)

By valarie phillips

Making a Cupcake Tree

Here is a DIY tutorial. If this is what you are looking for, hopefully I gave you some sort of guidance.

http://www.cakejournal.com/archives/how-to-make-a-cake-stand-for-cupcakes-or-mini-cakes (03/10/2009)

By Becca25

Making a Cupcake Tree

I don't know how to make a cupcake tree either, but here is an idea from BettyCrocker.com. It is stacked cupcakes on a single cake layer. I have made this several times. I frost all one color instead of making all the icing colors. This always puts a smile on my husband's face!

http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/recipe.aspx?recipeID=42283andSource=SearchResultPageandterms=cupcake

(03/12/2009)

By Tracey Ihle