Fixing A Damaged Wedding Cake

Occasionally a wedding cake can be damaged prior to the reception. This is a guide about fixing a damaged wedding cake.

I recently attended a friend's wedding. When we arrived, we discovered that the ceramic cake topper had tumbled off the top of the cake, leaving a path of gorged frosting in its wake on all 3 layers of the cake. Twenty minutes before the wedding was scheduled to start, I frantically ran around the reception hall and was able to collect enough rosebuds to redesign the top.

However, that still left the gaping holes in the icing for me to deal with. Luckily, I have watched enough of the cake decorating shows on the Food Network and was able to patch up the sides pretty well. She was floored with the work I did and so excited that her cake was not going to be a disaster.

By alexandra.golden from Dallas, TX

Beautiful, you would never had known! Glad you saved the day. Would have been horrible for bride had you not been so cleaver. Nice!