Healthy Halloween Treats

Category Treats
Instead of sugary candy treats, consider offering some healthy Halloween treats instead. This is a guide about healthy Halloween treats.

Someone wrote me on another channel about using toilet paper tubes to fill with treats and give to the Tricker Treaters. These tubes were, of course, decorated in the Halloween style.

I am going to pull a trick on those treaters. I will use those same
toilet paper tubes, but wrap them up to celebrate all the other
holidays. Just drop them in their bags. I usually get less then 20
kids anyway so I believe I can do this. Imagine one tube decorated up for St. Patrick's Day, another with Easter Bunnies, lol. Oh and I think I might put a little something different in those tubes, maybe a toy, a few coins, a Halloween poem. Whatever I can come up with.

I better start saving those toilet paper tubes today.

Trick Or Treat
Mr. Thrifty from Shermansdale, PA

I want to do something different this year for Halloween. Besides the regular candy treats, I am giving water to the trick or treaters. I purchased some treat bags and inserted the small size water bottle, and tied it on top with strips of a plastic tablecloth that I bought from the Dollar General for a dollar. You kind of have to stretch the top to get the bottles in, but it looks so adorable when it completed.

I thought about giving juicy juices or other types of drinks in small bottles, but I decided on water for this year. Some of the neighbors are already giving sodas out, so I wanted to do something different.

I hope everyone has a safe and happy Fall Harvest or Halloween night.

We don't have Halloween trick-or-treaters where I live, and this year, no candy, just in case.

However, I came up with an idea. This year my husband and I grew some mini pumpkins, and mini gourds. If a child should come by for trick-or-treat, instead of the customary store candy, I would offer them their choices of edible/mini/cooked pumpkin at home, or a gourd to keep, clean and mold-free.

It would help the children learn about gardening, and what is edible, what is not edible, and seasonings.

Source: The idea is mine. I was inspired by the beautiful array of different colored winter squashes in so many different sizes.

By Carol Rodriguez from South Bend, IN

This is a guide about making string cheese witch brooms. These cute Halloween treats are fun and easy to make, you can get the kids involved in this food preparation.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? 4

Hard boil your eggs. In a bowl, add 1 or 2 tablespoons of vinegar, red and yellow food color to make an orange color. Add hot water to the bowl and place your eggs in. Stir until the orange color is real bright. Remove eggs from bowl to dry. Once dry, use a washable or permanent black magic marker to draw on the eyes, nose and mouth. Use a green marker to add a stem effect to the top of the egg. Real cute to serve on Halloween morning at breakfast and for school lunches. My own idea!

By Conni Hood

Do you have a lot of candy left over? Or too much candy for your kids? Many local dentists will buy back candy from the kids for $1 a pound.

This guide is about making pumpkin oranges. It's easy to create some festive Halloween treats with oranges and celery.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? 1

This guide is about making banana ghosts. Halloween treats can be made with healthy ingredients.

This is a guide about making apple monster mouths. If you are looking for a cute Halloween snack try apple monster mouths.

Great party treat for kids and adults. Just simple apple pieces and a jelly dip.

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Most parents will not allow their kids to eat homemade treats since they are not quite sure who made them. Whenever I made my own Halloween treats, I would use my name and address labels and securely stick them to the wrapped treat so the parents would know who made them.

I'm looking for healthy treats for Halloween. Because of things needing to be wrapped or tamper proof and wanting to give something nutritious, I'm at a loss what to give out. Does anyone have any good ideas?

Marianne

Answers

To the lady wanting treat ideas, instead of giving candy etc, give them a nickel or some pennies. Tell them to put them in their piggy banks and that will teach them the art of saving instead of taking all the time. Mary

Mary

Two healthy halloween treats come to mind. Pepperidge Farm Goldfish crackers come in individually wrapped packages (about 2 oz. ea). Also some companies have individually wrapped pretzel packages. The kids love them and they make a great snack in the lunch box. Hope this helps.

Karen and Amy - Charlotte, NC

Marianne's request for healthy Halloween treats that meet the sealed package criteria makes me think of yogurt-covered raisins! They come in small pckgs just like many candies. Or sugar-free gum - it tastes good these days.

Tommye

Combs
* Pencils
* Erasers
* Colored Pens or Pencils
* Coloring Books
* Pony Tail Holders
* Brightly Colored Paper Clips

A trip to the Dollar Store or to Walmart or an office supply store can be inspirational. Look for items packaged in larger quantity to get thriftier deals.

Lynn - West of Eugene, Oregon USA

In response to the healthy halloween snacks request, I am offering the following suggestions to hand out to trick-or-treaters:

* - Raisins (individual serving packages)
* - Peanuts (individual serving packages)
* - Pop tarts
* - Juice boxes (100% juice of course)
* - Microwave popcorn
* - Cereal bars

Beth

A healthy treat to give kids at school parties might be the new individual packs of the different flavors of 'Chex Morning Mix'. There are a variety of flavors to satisfy the tastes of many ages.
Cindee, Rapid City, South Dakota

Try the packets of crackers with peanut butter that you put in lunchboxes. Or the pretzel sticks to dip in cheese. Fruit cups are another great idea they come already individually wrapped as well. Good luck! And have a very Happy Halloween.

By (Guest Post)

How about the coupons for Frosty's at Wendy's. They are a dessert but kids can always use extra calcium. You can get 10 for a dollar.

~sugar free packs of Kool-Aid
~coins
~string cheese
~tubs of Crystal Light
~colored pencils
~pages you printed off for them to color

I gave out small packages of cocoa/hot chocolate one year and the kids remembered and asked for them again the next year when I has something else. A friend of mine gives out toothbrushes!

By nutrition 1 (Guest Post)

you could try apples dipped in honey or fat-free caramel mix; pumpkin seeds

By Lindsay. (Guest Post)

Several great ideas, I love the idea of giving kids either something to do such as coloring or little games or possibly money. But one thing to keep in mind is anything with nuts or peanut butter could pose an allergy risk in many kids. It may be best to avoid tree nut products.

By Dottie (Guest Post)

GREAT ideas! Thanks

Homemade flubber or playdoh in a ziplock snack bag, they last forever!