Making Christmas Tree Gift Tags From Paint Swatches
Paint chips or swatches that your have gathered for home improvement projects can find new life as craft materials. This is a page about making Christmas tree gift tags from paint swatches
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Turn paint swatch charts into cute little gift tags for Christmas. Use a cookie cutter of a Christmas tree, or any other cookie cutter that you might like. Apart from the odd drop of glue and a bit of silver ink, this is a free craft. A great way to save on spending during the festive season!
Total Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 6 gift tags
- three paint swatch charts in shades of green, picked up from a local DIY store
- A4 sheet of ordinary white printer paper
- Tescoma 630902 Christmas tree cookie cutter, 2" high
- Pilot silver marker pen
- black ball point pen
- fine silver embroidery floss
- standard scissors
- quick-drying craft glue (such as Bostik Clear)
- Place the cookie cutter on a swatch chart and use the pencil to trace all around the cutter. If possible, try and avoid the numbers printed on the swatch chart when placing the cutter. Repeat a second time on the same swatch chart. Tip: You can trace a third tree onto a swatch chart ~ I did not like the top of the swatch chart too much, as the colors were too soft for my liking.
- Cut out all the traced trees and glue them to the white A4 paper. Allow to dry and cut the trees out again. Most swatch charts has some printing at the back, so the white paper backing will help to hide the printing.
- Use the silver pen to add a silver border around each tree. Also add a silver squiggle pattern to each tree.
- Turn the trees over and use the black pen to write "To" and "From" on the white paper backing.
- Use the needle to make holes into the top of each tree and add a double strand of embroidery floss to complete each gift tag.
November 20, 20162 found this helpful
Actually this is not a"free" craft. I used to be a part owner of a hardware store where we sold paint. The store actually has to buy the paint chips. All the cute ideas on Pinterest that use these chips costs the store a lot of money.
This is a page about making a paint chip snowman gift tag. Leftover paint chips from your latest painting project can be reused for crafting rather than being put in the recycle bin.