Reusing Christmas Cards as Gift Tags

Save your used gift cards. Cut the fronts of the cards to make lovely gift tags using fancy edged scissors if desired. Punch a hole in the top of the tag, then thread a colored string (crochet cotton works) through. Package them 20 tags to a cellophane bag, tie with a ribbon, and give out to friends as little 'friendship gifts' before Christmas. You can reuse all occasion cards too by making gift tags and bookmarks!

Source: This recycling idea was passed to me by my mother.

By linn from Dartmouth, Nova Scotia

13 More Solutions

Here's a way to get use of used Christmas cards again. Talk about great recycling!

Recycled Christmas Card Gift Tags

I save Christmas cards (my own and from friends) and cut out any large shapes on the front (nativity scene, angel, snowman, Santa playing soccer or tennis or football, candy canes, reindeer, etc.).

While putting away Christmas this year and taking down all my Christmas cards. I decided to cut up the cards and make nice large gift tags for my gifts next year. I did this this year and loved it, because I could write a loving note with plenty of room to write it.

Gift tags made from Christmas cards.

Save your Christmas and Greeting Cards. You can reuse the fronts of the cards by cutting unique gift tag size cards.

Reuse Christmas Cards as Gift Tags

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Cut the top part of used greeting cards off, then cut this down to whatever size (and shape) you wish, depending on the design. (If it's an angel, just cut her out.) I also like to use hearts or other shapes that perhaps match the occasion for the gift you will use them on.

How do you make gift tags and ornaments from the front of Christmas cards?

Answers

There are so many ways to do this but all you need to do is Google your question and you will see numerous site with lots of ideas and instructions.

I used to make these all the time with zigzag (pinking schears) scissors, ribbon, and a hole punch. I would cut the focal point I wanted centered into a rectangle I cut with shears. Used a hole punch and string the ribbon thru and they were ready to go.

My friend took it a step further and she found a rubber stamp that said to and from and used red ink to stamp on the back.

These are so much fun to make!! Enjoy!!

You can use a cookie cutter to trace a shape on the part you want to cut out. Punch a hole on the top and put a ribbon tie in the hole.

I have a set of the craft scissors with different edges like scalloped, zig zag, etc. and cut around the picture on the card or the verse inside to make tags. Sometimes I will add a Christmas sticker to go along with it.

I am not into tossing out old cards. I remove the fronts and cut the images from the front side. I tape it to the gift and write the name on it. I have to say it's pretty easy and awesome too. Many different ones to share as well.

Answer this Question

Don't throw away last year's Christmas cards. Use the pictures on old cards to cut gift tags for this year.

At the end of the holiday season, I pack away all the holiday cards received that year.

Not wanting to throw them away, for years I have recycled them as gift tags on my Christmas gifts.

Each year I save our Christmas cards and use them the next year to decorate the Christmas presents instead of buying bows and name tags.

Don't throw out your greetings cards once the holiday season is past.

Click to read more ideas from older posts on ThriftyFun.
In These Pages
Better Living Green Living ReusingJanuary 30, 2017
🎃
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Homemade-Christmas-Gift-Tags.html