Making Decorative Christmas Plates

Category Decorations
There are a variety of ways you can make a plain plate into a Christmas decoration with paints, glitter and even fabric and sewing notions. This guide is about making decorative Christmas plates.

These are great for gifts any time of the year or just to decorate your home.

Materials:

Directions:

1. Wash and dry the plate.
  2. Using the sponge, dab it into your paint and then apply it to the edge of the plate. Let it dry.
  3. Apply the transfer to the center of the plate according to directions.
  4. Apply the glitter.
  5. Spray the sealant on in a well ventilated area (or outside). Let it dry completely.
  6. To make it a gift, include a wall hanging bracket or plate stand. These are great for any occasion.

By Dawn from Ogallala, NE

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

HOW BEAUTIFUL

By Lorrie T (Guest Post)

This looks really neat, but where do I get the "transfer" from? As well, I have no idea where to look for the sealant either...?? I'm afraid I'm not a very crafty person, but I think I could glue and seal okay if I knew where to get them.

Thanks so much!

Lorrie

I have some of the same questions...I guess at a craft store, but which department, as I have never been into this particular area of "crafting", but it really looks fun and pretty!!