Making Pasta Jar Snowman Luminaries

Category Decorations
Decorate recycled pasta jars with pom poms, felt, buttons, and craft snow to resemble snowmen. Add an LED tea light to use them as luminaries. Great decorations for Christmas and throughout the snowy season.

Snowman crafts are perfect for Christmas because you can leave them out through January! And in my area, the heavy snows don't usually happen until at least the first of the year anyway. I have a lot of old glass jars sitting around, as well as small LED votive candles. After searching for jar crafts, I came across these snowman luminaries. They are adorable and look great sitting out with my other holiday decor. I'm also giving some way as Christmas presents this year!

Total Time: 20 minutes to complete and a couple hours to dry

Yield: 3 jars

Source: Pinterest

• 3 small pizza sauce jars
  • 6 medium to large pom poms
  • 3 pieces of pipe cleaner (roughly 5-6 inches each)
  • hot glue gun
  • scissors
  • craft snow
  • 1 paper plate
  • Mod podge
  • paint brush
  • 6 small buttons
  • 3 small squares of orange card stock (2x4")
  • 3 LED tea light candles

1. Remove any labels on the jars. A little residue doesn't matter, as it'll be covered up later. Make three carrot noses out of the orange paper. You can create cones or have them flat. Hot glue button eyes and the noses to each jar.
  2. Advertisement

3. Pour the craft snow in the paper plate. Cover each jar with mod podge and roll the jar in the snow. Sprinkle the snow in empty spaces and around the face, since you can't roll over the nose. Shake off any excess and allow to dry.
  4. For the lids, hot glue pipe cleaner over each, forming a rainbow loop. Then glue a pom pom over each pipe cleaner end. These will be the earmuffs. Make sure to line up the earmuffs with the twist of the lid on the jar. I didn't do that and had to redo them. It helped me to place the lids on and put a dot with a marker on both sides. You don't want the earmuffs to be crooked when you put the lids on.
  5. Advertisement

6. Place a candle inside each jar and put on the lids. Turn off the lights and enjoy!
In These Pages
Crafts Christmas DecorationsJanuary 15, 2020
🍀
💘

Generated 2020-01-16 23:05:25 in 1 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️