Making Shabby Chic Shell Ornaments
These shabby chic shell ornaments are easy to make and don't require too many supplies. Hang them on your tree or display year round. Learn how to make them from the project posted below.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
I have a collection of shells that were from a box of pre-made stuffed shells entree. After the filling was eaten, I put the shells through the dishwasher to use at a later date. The shells cleaned up nicely and are in perfect shape! These shells could be used for many projects. I decided to make them shabby chic for tree and decorative pieces throughout our home.
Total Time: 2 hours
- spray paint
- craft paint
- glue gun
- ribbon - optional
- Lay clean shells on a flat surface and spray paint gold. Dry.
- Flip over. Paint and allow to dry.
- To add a little more sparkle, I added pink glitter craft paint.
- Count out 12 beads on the string; cut. This makes the perfect loop for hanging. With 1 of the shells, add hot glue at the top, begin by gluing 1 bead, then again at the other end, gluing side by side to form a loop.
- Using more glue on the bottom of the loop, take your second shell and place on top, to sandwich the beads and press the shells together.
- Allow to dry. They are now ready to hang on the tree or a display stand.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.