Making a Felt Star Ornament
Felt is a good choice of materials for making beautiful Christmas ornaments. This is a guide about making a felt star ornament
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This felt star can be used as a tree topper or just an ornament. If you have the time, you can even add extra embroidery details and beads to make it fancy!
- cardboard (food packaging)
- star cookie cutters
- embroidery floss
- Tracing a cookie cutter is the easiest way to make the templates for these stars, assuming you have them on hand. Cut them out.
- Attach the templates to the felt using rolled pieces of tape. Cut out the shapes.
- Stitch the smaller star to the larger one using coordinating embroidery floss.
- If you want to use these as traditional ornaments you will need to attach a loop of ribbon to the top for hanging them. Have fun!
In These Guides