Making a Milk Jug Ghost
Recycle those empty gallon milk jugs into cute lighted Halloween decorations. This is a guide about making a milk jug ghost
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Here's a cute way to recycle your gallon milk jugs!
Approximate Time: About 20 minutes
- empty clean gallon size milk jug
- black acrylic paint
- white acrylic paint
- paint brush
- black marker
- battery-operated votive or
- mini set of clear holiday lights
- Use a black marker to draw your ghost face onto the milk jug.
- Paint eyes and mouth with black acrylic paint and allow to dry.
- Paint highlights on eyes by dipping the paint brush handle end into white acrylic paint. Dot onto each eye.
- On back lower portion of jug, draw a 2 1/2 to 3-inch diameter circle and cut out to create a hole.
- Insert a battery-operated votive or mini-set of clear holiday lights through the hole so that your ghost lights up.
By Rachel's Mom from Wilkesboro, NC
Ask a QuestionHere are the questions asked by community members. Read on to see the answers provided by the ThriftyFun community or ask a new question.
How do I make a ghost wind sock from a milk jug?
February 27, 20170 found this helpful
I would empty the jug, then paint eyes on it and a mouth with black marker, and then affix a white fabric to the bottom of the jug so that it trails in the wind. Then you can attach the 'ghost' to your porch or whatnot to have a fun Halloween decoration
In These Guides