Making a Paperclip Angel

Category Gifts
Using #2 paper clips you can make these cute angels. String them on thin decorative ribbon to make a fun necklace to gift to friends and family at Christmas.

A girl I work with made these cute necklaces for all of our co-workers one year for Christmas. This would also be a great craft for kids. You could even hang one in your car with a note, "Don't drive faster than your guardian angel can fly."

Approximate Time: 10 minutes

Supplies

Instructions

Fold ribbon in half. Tie ribbon onto the paper clip using a half hitch by putting the loop end of ribbon through the center of the paper clip, then pull loose ends of ribbon through the loop and tighten.

Add the bead onto the loose ends of the ribbon and slide bead down to the knot. Depending on the size of the hole in the bead, you may need to use a craft needle to add the bead onto the ribbon. You may want to add a drop of glue to the bead to keep it from sliding or tie a knot just above the bead. Tie loose ends of ribbon in a knot and trim ends if necessary. Enclose the following poem with the necklace.
This special angel is
My gift to you.
Blessed with memories
Of friendship so true.
On tiny wings
To you she went.
For like good friends
She's heaven sent.

By Momof1 from Wilkesboro, NC

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

I am trying to find the paper clips for the angel. Can you please tell me where to look? I've looked everywhere.

By LATASHA from East Liverpool, OH

Answers

Have you looked at Staples? Any business supply or stationery store should carry the paper clips.

I found two sizes at our local business supply store, very inexpensive. Some larger WalMart stores may carry those.

Yep, and the Dollar Tree sometimes does, too. I am enclosing a nice photo. Good luck!

These are called Ideal Clamps #2. I also put beads on the arms and a rose in the middle. I call them Office Angels. HTH! Cindy

OOPS! Forgot to say, I got mine at Office Max. I am sure Office Depot has them also.

What a cute idea! I never knew that you could do that?! What a great way to recycle!

Crafts Christmas GiftsDecember 17, 2019
🎄
🎉

Generated 2019-12-18 23:05:29 in 1 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️