Making a Poke-A-Pumpkin Game
Make this Halloween or fall festival game for a school or home party. This is a guide about making a poke-a-pumpkin game
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Poke-a-pumpkin is an easy to play game that is fun for all ages. There are endless possibilities for prizes and treats that could be tucked inside too!
- candy or prizes
- 30 plastic cups (with flat bottoms)
- orange tissue paper
- green tissue paper
- foam core poster board
- yellow construction paper
- green construction paper
- black construction paper
- hot glue gun
- Cut the orange and green tissue paper into squares, big enough to cover the top of the cup and hang down the sides. I set the cup upside down on the paper to figure out the proper size. (28 orange pieces and 2 green pieces)
- Put a candy or prizes into each cup. Then cover with a square of tissue paper and secure the paper with a rubber band. Repeat until all of the cups are covered.
- Arrange the pumpkin to determine your layout and ensure that it will fit on the poster board.
- Use a hot glue gun to attach the cups to the board. Allow the glue to dry thoroughly.
- Create a moon from the yellow paper, bats from the black paper, and grass from the green paper. Glue them to the poster board.
- When it is time to play, have each child poke their finger through the paper into the cup of their choosing. Enjoy!
I made this game after seeing one on Pinterest. Not only did it turn out super cute, it was a lot of fun...even for my daughter's 5th grade class! It would obviously be great for younger kids too.