Making a Wine Cork Reindeer
A recycled wine bottle cork is perfect for making this diminutive reindeer. This is a guide about making a wine cork reindeer
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
We have a huge bag of corks that we bought at a resale shop, so we have been trying to put them to good use. This adorable reindeer can be used as an ornament or even just set on a table top.
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 4 corks
- 1 pipe cleaner (gold or brown)
- 2 google eyes
- 1 small red pompom
- 1 small bell (optional)
- glue gun
- Take a cork and find the middle lengthwise. Mark it with a pencil and cut the cork in half. Repeat this with a second cork.
- Take two of your cork halves and cut them in half again so that you end up with 4 moon shaped pieces.
- Take another cork half and hot glue it to the side of a whole cork. Allow the cork half to hang over the edge of the other cork. This is your reindeer's head.
- Now hot glue the quartered cork pieces onto the underside of the whole cork. These are the reindeer's legs.
- Cut your pipe cleaner so that you have a piece that is 4 inches long and one that is 2 inches long. Fold the 4 in. piece in half, forming a "v" shape.
- Hot glue the "v" shaped piece of pipe cleaner to the back of the reindeer's head to form it's antlers. Then take your 2 in. piece, fold it in half, and twist it together to for a tail. By doubling up the pipe cleaner you have a more rigid wire to push into the back of the cork to form a tail. I recommend using a pen or pencil to make an initial hole in the cork, then apply a small amount of hot glue to the hole before trying to push the tail in. This will help hold it in place.
- Finally apply the eyes to the head and the red pompom to the front of the head for it's nose. Then under the head, apply a blob of hot glue and push the bell into it. If you want to make it into an ornament, you can either attach a small eyelet screw to it's back and run a piece of string through, or you could hot glue a ribbon to it.
September 10, 20121 found this helpful
This decoration/ornament would be a great craft for kids to make this holiday season. In this video you will learn how to make it with step by step instructions. View the full project here: Cork Reindeer
In These Guides