Making a Witch Costume

Category Costumes
A favorite Halloween costume is a witch. This guide is about making a witch costume.

My granddaughter had a witch costume. We hot glued plastic spiders all over the hat and painted her face a nice shade of green and added "warts."

By vickie guy from Earle, AR

This is a picture of my niece, Tehra (a few years back), in her homemade witch's costume. That particular year, she needed a Halloween costume, but money was tight, so my mom and I made her this costume at a cost of probably $2 or so!

Her witch's dress was two leftover pieces of black material that I sewed together into a very simple a-line dress (and trust me, I'm not a good seamstress)!

Her necklace was a piece of curling ribbon with a glow-in-the-dark plastic star hot glued onto it. Her wand was a stick, painted purple, with sparkly curling ribbon and decorative Halloween wire with spiders on it.

The only thing that probably cost anything was her plastic witch's hat! I think she just wore black shoes to complete the costume. It was very easy to make, but as you can see, she looked REALLY cute! We were glad the costume turned out so well, and cost so little to make.

By Lisa from WI

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Halloween Witch
Halloween Witch
Halloween 2006. I am the really bad witch from Somerville and I am waiting for all those boys and girls. Mmmmm, they are going to taste delicious!

By Maria from Somerville, MA

Answers:

Halloween Witch

Awww, she's too cute to be bad! What a great pic, thanks for sharing! (09/27/2007)

By Michelle

Halloween Witch

What a great pic! Hope all the kids are yummy! (09/28/2007)

By Jenny