Marshmallow Polar Bears
Vote for this contest contender!
I love marshmallows, so naturally I have all available sizes in my kitchen. This is a fun edible craft that uses three sizes of marshmallows to make polar bears that can be eaten as a snack, or used to float on top of hot chocolate. This is a great all-ages project!
Total Time: 30 minutes
- extra large marshmallows
- regular marshmallows
- mini marshmallows
- meltable white chocolate
- brown M&Ms
- black gel icing pen
- Melt the white chocolate in the microwave 30 seconds at a time, stirring between each interval until smooth and shiny.
- Stand the extra large and regular marshmallows up, then use kitchen scissors to cut into thirds.
- Stick the tip of your chopstick into the melted white chocolate and dab it on the back of a cut regular marshmallow.
- Stick it onto the bottom half of an extra large marshmallow piece.
- To make an ear add a bit of white chocolate to the side a mini marshmallow and press it against the bear's head. Hold in place for 30 seconds.
- Attach the other ear the same way.
- Use the black gel pen to add 2 eyes.
- Smear a bit of white chocolate onto the front of an M&M (where the "m" is) and attach it to the top of the regular marshmallow piece.
- Repeat... and eat!
- Drop some on top of your hot chocolate and watch them float until they melt away. Delicious!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!