Outdoor Ice Ornaments
When the temperatures remain below freezing, frozen water can decorate your yard. This guide is about outdoor ice ornaments
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
We decorated out front yard for the winter solstice last year. We made different ice ornaments and hung them on our trees.
- oranges, sliced
- small leaves and berries (i.e. holly)
- silicon cupcake liners
- Cut oranges into small pieces, leaving peel on. Separate leaves from stems, if necessary.
- Arrange silicon liners on a cookie sheet. Put a few pieces of orange in some of the liners. Put a leaf and a few berries into the other liners. Add water, until just below the edge.
- Take a paper clip and open it up so that forms an "s". Lay it so that one of the ends is in the water, resting the other end on the edge of the liner. This will be your hook for hanging the ornaments.
- Place the liners into the freezer until completely frozen. Gently push the ornaments out of the liners. Hang them on your trees and enjoy them for as long as the last!