Reindeer Candy Cane
This is a cheap, fun craft that makes a cute gift for little ones 4+. When I was little, my elementary school class made these for Christmas. I hardly remember a thing from elementary school, but this must have been super special because the happy memory stuck! A couple years ago, working as a teacher's aide for students with special needs, I had an opportunity to help treat the class. Seeing that a simple candy cane made me smile way back then, I decided to pass it on to our students. I hope you and the kids in your life will enjoy this craft as much as I did!
Total Time: 5-10 minutes for one
Yield: As many as you have candy canes, googly eyes, and pairs of pipe-cleaners. :)
- candy canes (I recommend Brach's. They're a dollar more but they hold up well and taste much better than the cheap ones.)
- pipe cleaners (10 if you want to make five reindeer)
- non-toxic glue
- googly eyes
- Match up two pipe cleaners and bend them into a V shape.
- Nestle the crook of the cane into the V and then cross each side over once.
- Twist the top twice to secure.
- Now you can make antler shapes! Before you begin bending them, twist each half to give the branches a sturdy base.
- Dab a dot of glue onto one of the googly-eyes and carefully attach a little ways in front of the antlers. Wait for one side to set before gluing on the other eye.
- Cut a tiny piece of pipe-cleaner from the antlers. This will be the reindeer's nose. Attach it with a dab of glue at the bottom of the crook.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!