GiftsChristmas

Reindeer Candy Cane

This is a cheap, fun craft that makes a cute gift for little ones 4+. When I was little, my elementary school class made these for Christmas. I hardly remember a thing from elementary school, but this must have been super special because the happy memory stuck! A couple years ago, working as a teacher's aide for students with special needs, I had an opportunity to help treat the class. Seeing that a simple candy cane made me smile way back then, I decided to pass it on to our students. I hope you and the kids in your life will enjoy this craft as much as I did!

Total Time: 5-10 minutes for one

Yield: As many as you have candy canes, googly eyes, and pairs of pipe-cleaners. :)

1. Match up two pipe cleaners and bend them into a V shape.
  2. Nestle the crook of the cane into the V and then cross each side over once.
  3. Twist the top twice to secure.
  4. Now you can make antler shapes! Before you begin bending them, twist each half to give the branches a sturdy base.
  5. Dab a dot of glue onto one of the googly-eyes and carefully attach a little ways in front of the antlers. Wait for one side to set before gluing on the other eye.
  6. Cut a tiny piece of pipe-cleaner from the antlers. This will be the reindeer's nose. Attach it with a dab of glue at the bottom of the crook.