Spider Web Layered Taco Dip

Layered taco dip is easy to make and is a great snack to serve at a party. This spooky version is perfect for Halloween!

Total Time: 20 minutes

1. Heat up refried beans in a microwave bowl, until warm. Stir to recombine oil that has separated from the beans. Spoon the beans onto your plate forming a ring.
  2. Spoon black beans on to refried beans.
  3. Add guacamole into the center of the plate, inside the ring of beans. Use a spoon to smooth it out.
  4. Place sour cream in a squeeze bottle (or a baggie with the corner snipped off). Put a dot of sour cream in the center of the guacamole. Then draw concentric rings with the sour cream, from the center to the outside edge of the guacamole.
  5. Using a chopstick, (or similar tool) pull it through the sour cream and guacamole, from the center to the outside edge, repeat all the way around. This will form the spider web pattern.
  6. Spoon the salsa onto the beans.
  7. Sprinkle the shredded lettuce onto the salsa.
  8. Next add the cheese layer.
  9. Using the squeeze bottle of sour cream, trace over the lines you drew in the sour cream and guacamole. Now your web will be more defined.
  10. Place a plastic spider ring into the middle of the web. Then add your black olive layer.
  11. Finish off your layer dip with diced tomatoes. Serve it immediately with tortilla chips.

Great idea!

I loved that you posted a picture of each step. It really helped me put it together fast!

I just did mine and it looks. Cool. I cooked my black beans in olive oil and fresh cilantro. I also put Cumin in my refriend beans!! Its 2am an I just finished my Dip and couldn't be prouder your step by step instructions worked tremendously. Thank you so much . This took me longer but thats because I wanted it to be Perfect and it is. Happy Halloween

The idea is great and easy, but posting each step made it even easier than that...thank you!!

Heading to Halloween party! Cant wait to share it!

Agree that your step by step pictures were a significant help. Thank you for sharing!

Was a huge hit at my Halloween Party! So easy. Made recipe exactly as written. Thank you for sharing!