Tea Light Snowman Ornaments

This quick and easy craft makes the perfect Christmas tree ornament or decoration. You only need about 10 minutes to create these adorable snowmen, which is a good reason to make several! They can become part of your family traditions or given as gifts to friends, neighbors, and co-workers. And there are so many variations online that the snowmen can be different each year. This craft will result in two snowmen wearing the most adorable ear muffs.

Total Time: 10 minutes

Yield: 2

Source: Pinterest

1. Take your piece of ribbon and fold it in half. Add glue on top of the tea light, in the center above the bulb. Place the creased section of ribbon in the glue. Some bulbs have a shape that forms an upward tip. These more closely resemble carrot noses. Just make sure to have the tea light turned the right way. You can also use a more narrow ribbon, if you don't want it to be as prominent.
  2. I find that it's easier to add the pipe cleaner if I mark the starting point. Line up one end of pipe cleaner to be level with the bulb/nose. Use a marker to mark your spot. Add hot glue from your starting dot to the middle of the head. Keep the line in the center. Now add your pipe cleaner. From here, you can test the unglued half of the pipe cleaner to make sure it's not too long. Cut off any excess and finish gluing the rest down. Then add a pom pom to both ends of the pipe cleaner.
  3. Ad

4. Add eyes and a mouth with the black marker and flushed cheeks with the pink. Use the orange marker to color the bulb/nose. The latter step is so the snowman's nose will be orange even when the light is off!
  5. Here is another example.
  6. Ad

7. Tie the ends of the ribbon into a knot so you can hang up your ornaments.

This is actually what I want to do, I just didn't know how to do it! Thank you!

I can't wait to make one!

Have a Merry Christmas!

----Robyn

Be sure to show us what you create, Robyn. :)

You're welcome! I love making them! They all turn out so adorable. The last couple that I made, I didn't glue the ribbon down on top of their heads. I just held it in place after gluing half the pipe cleaner in place. Then as I was holding the ribbon, I glued the other half of pipe cleaner down. This prevented me from having so much hot glue peeking out when I used narrow ribbon. If you're looking for a good deal on tea lights, big lots has a 10 pack for $6, plus you get an extra battery for each one!!!!