Yo Yo Christmas Angel Ornament
This is a little Christmas angel made from leftover yo yos from a yo yo pillow project I made recently.
Total Time: 1 hour
- 8 inch piece of scrap ribbon
- 2 pieces scrap fabric (one print, one white)
- 1 plastic ring
- 1 wood disc
- 1 spool thread
- 6 small beads
- 1 bottle glue
- yo yo maker (optional)
- 1 button
- Using a yo yo maker, make one white yo yo and one print yo yo. (How to make a yo yo without a yo yo maker, see this link https://www.positivelysplendid.com/fabric-yo-yo-tutorial/)
- Hand sew print yo yo to white yo yo, 1/3 of the way down on the white yo yo to form "wings"
- Sew a button in the middle of the print yo yo.
- Draw eyes and use rouge or lipstick to make cheek color on the wood disc (face of the angel).
- Glue face onto angel and hand sew plastic ring (halo) above face.
- Glue beads to the top of the face for "hair".
- Add ribbon in a loop to the back of the wings for hanging the ornament.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!