Making a Paper Bag Gingerbread House
This is a page about making a paper bag gingerbread house
. A gingerbread house doesn't have to be a baked creation. If you want to make a more crafty version, try this paper bag gingerbread house.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Have fun with the kids making faux gingerbread houses.
Approximate Time: 1 hour
- 2 paper bags
- shredded paper
- pipe cleaners
- buttons, poms, poms or any misc. tidbits you have
- First open lunch bag and fill with stuffing, paper, or shredded paper. I used my shredded waste paper. Fold top over like if you had a lunch in it.
- Staple the fold down on each end.
- Take second lunch bag leave unopened.
- Cut off the fold so that the bottom part is off.
- Glue over the other bag so it resembles a roof.
- Now let you imagination go wild. Use any scraps, buttons, felt, poms poms, anything you have to decorate the bag to look like a gingerbread house. There is no wrong way to decorate it and the kids all do it differently. I did, however, make my kid add a chenille stick coming from the chimney to look like smoke. We had limited supplies so they used markers to decorate. Adults can do a more polished version, but the kids love it and it's a lot cheaper than wasting all the food as we have never eaten a real gingerbread house.
By Hobbyist from MA