WeddingsPhotos

Frugal Wedding Decorations

This is my wedding on April 29, 2006. I made everything myself and had a lot of fun, because I saved a lot of money. Take a look! All the figures were jewelry boxes and I added the bride and groom on top of jewelry box. In the inside, I added pillow candy. I then used tulle material to make little Hershey kisses souvenirs.

I made the big chocolate labels with our name and date of marriage printed out the computer and added to the Hershey bars. I also bought little wedding paper tote bags and added name, date and added fortune cookies in them.

Last, I bought angel figures and clear bags with a wedding bells print. I put the angel inside and added embellishments inside. My whole cost for the table was $50.00 dollars and I was happy ever after.

By Maria from Somerville, MA

FrugalWedding2_300x272.jpg

Frugal Wedding Decorations

I love to see Brides like you who realize that PRETTY doesn't have to be EXPENSIVE.All the favors were gorgeous and so were you and the hubby.(I'm assuming that was you in the photo.) Great Job!!!

Very nice.

Hooray for you, a sane bride! Anyone can marry debt free, as it should be. I just know you were so much happier without the mental strain of "how much is all this costing!!" Good for you, girl!

Has no one ever told you that each time you save money, you take what you save and put it in your jewelry budget?

I keep mine in an envelope on a bookshelf.

Glad to see someone else from my hometown. Congrats!

Would love to hear about Somerville. I live in Oklahoma now. sroy12at h o t m a i l dot com

I also had a frugal wedding: a lovely church wedding, decorated with burgundy-red roses, and a reception at a local rented hall for 200 guests. We spent approximately $5,000 altogether and did not go into debt for even one red cent. We both worked extra hours (me tutoring and him at Staples in the evening) and thoroughly enjoyed our paid in full wedding and honeymoon to Biltmore. A dream wedding is possible on a limited budget!

Thank you for sharing your wonderful success story about having something nice and not going over your budget. You did a great job, I really love the candy bar idea. I may do that at my next event. Congrats!

My wedding is on 9/15/07, and I now wish I had planned ahead of time and realized that everything does NOT have to be so full of stress and that I can find beautiful things within my budget, especially if I take the time and look. I have been very blessed and have found some great buys at thrift stores (my dress $90!!), $2 wedding shoes NEW, etc., etc. I am also getting my wedding cake from Sam's Club for $56!! This includes 2 full sheets, which will feed about 200 people. I was so happy about that.

Anyway, thanks for sharing. I now just wish I had started planning and looking around for ways to save money and be creative, and most importantly, HAVE FUN during this beautiful time. =)

Congratulations to you and your hubby.

I had a frugal wedding, too. I also made our favors. I used the Ellison machine at my school and punched out hearts in the shades of our wedding colors. I stamped our names and the date on one side and "we're cut out for each other" on the other. Then I tied a little heart cookie cutter to each one. I did the same thing you did with the tulle and kisses.