IndoorDecorations

Plastic Tablecloth Christmas Door Decoration

Category Indoor

We are hoping to use a plastic tablecloth roll to decorate doors at work for Christmas. What will make the plastic tablecloth stick to a door?

By KLk

Every year, we wrap our kids doors using wrapping paper and just use scotch tape. Something as thick as a table cloth, you may want to try clear packaging tape. My concern would be damaging the door when you remove the tape. With our wrapping paper doors, we can stick wrapping paper to itself in most cases, it's so thin, that you can wrap the paper around the door and still have the door shut fine. I am not sure if the thickness and overall size of the tablecloth would allow for that or not but if you can stick the tablecloth to itself, the packaging tape wouldn't damage the door. Depending on the material of you door, it may not damage it anyway. It may just require some goo gone to remove any leftover residue once you take the tablecloth off.

You might try those clips that hold table cloths to the table.

Carpet tape (which is double sided sticky). It might damage the door also, try cautiously.

There is a very inexpensive product on the market that I use for almost everything lightweight that I want to hang on the walls. Plasti-Tac. It doesn't dry out, and doesn't harm surfaces. You kneed a small portion between your fingers to warm and activate, then place it between what you are hanging and the wall, door frame, etc. It acts a little like play doh. It is a good product to have on hand for many uses. (this may have other brand names.)

I am lucky enough to have a metal door, so I use strong magnets that can't be seen throuh the screen door. If the door is yours and you aren't renting, you might want to fold it over a bit on the edge and staple it. If not, clear tape or duct tape will help. PBP

I used glue dots for the very same idea for my classroom door at school. It has been up for four months with no damage at all on a junior high hallway. So I am convinced it will hold. Good luck