Ideas for a Wedding Gift

I have an older friend who is getting married to a lady at my church on December 31. I would like ideas for a gift to give them. They both have houses with everything they need. The lady has 4 sisters that will probably get anything she might need. The guy has been self sufficient for years. Did I mention they are both in their late 60s or early 70s? I thought of a gag gift, but I was strongly encouraged that they may not find humor in such a gift on this occasion. They are fairly serious individuals.

Thank you for your time and input.

By Suntydt from Tazewell, TN

You could give them a gift card to their favorite restaurant and if you really wanted to do it up nice, throw in a limo right to complete the night.

Definitely what Redhatterb said!

My new husband and I are in our mid-fifties, and our friends gave us dinners out and prepaid tours on the occasion of our wedding in Jan 2011. Very much appreciated and we had several lovely outings thanks to our wonderful friends.

How about a membership to something that interests them - museums, zoo, gym, club etc?

They would probably like a nice engraved picture frame for a wedding picture or a photo album.