ReceptionWeddings

Inexpensive Wedding and Reception Locations In Southern Maine

Anyone know of any inexpensive wedding/reception venues in Southern Maine? My daughter wants to get married in August 2008. She wants to invite 100 guests. I am hoping to find a nice function hall which will allow us to cater it ourselves. We have a small budget. Thanks for your help.

Maine Jane from South Portland, Maine

I Have never been to Maine but love the photos and film that I have seen. If your daughter doesn't have a theme yet have you thought about an outdoor reception.
http://www.main … earch/index.html
Most have the large areas for picnics with tables and such. Some have Large cabins for rent, some even have halls for scout retreats. Outdoor weddings and receptions can be wonderful. Just a Thought.
Also you might check with the Church where the wedding is being held most have areas for gathering which can be scheduled for receptions, Also check with Legions and Schiners (?) they allow usage to. Good Luck and Congrads!!!!!!!

My girlfriend found the Eagles hall to be a wonderful spot for a small wedding, it had great kitchen facilities and enough chairs and a nice party atmosphere, and was extreeeeeeemly cheap!

There is a lodge at the top of Mt. Agamenticus in York, ME which has great views of the ocean and the white mountains. The web site is http://parksand … gamenticus.html. The only drawbacks are that they don't allow alcohol and there are some stairs so it isn't handicapped accessible. But it is not expensive and could be really spectacular - Definately check it out!

Wondering how the wedding turned out? My daughter is getting married in June and we have the same needs.