AdviceWeddings

Wedding Wishing Well

How do you make a wishing well for wedding cards?

Casey from Port Angeles, WA

Here is how I would do it. Find a basket with a round base and an extra long handle. You will see a lot of these around Easter. You can spray paint it and dress it up with flowers too.

The roof of the well can be made two ways. Find two thin pieces of balsam wood, (major craft stores should have it) or use the type of poster board that has a piece of thin foam sandwiched in between.
Cut out the two roof sides and use regular printer paper and glue to join them together into a "V" shape, which will then hang over the handle of the basket.

To create the shingled look on the roof, use alternating brown and black or white and gray construction paper squares. Just remember to use the darker color as a "shadow" barely visible, and not as a whole shingle.

You can try something I did for my wedding... I made a faux wedding cake made out of boxes...