AdviceWeddings

Selecting Songs for a Wedding

I need to know if you play another song before the wedding march song for your maids of honor and brides maids to walk down. What song can you use? I don't think they walk down to the wedding March song. Sorry but this is the first time for me. I am doing all of my wedding planning myself. Thanks.

By Harpo9590 from Plains, Ga

Either Trumpet Voluntary (Purcell) or Jesu Joy of Man's Desiring (Bach) are appropriate. You might ask your musician(s) for their ideas and input, depending upon instruments and type of wedding.

As a Pastor's wife, I attend many many weddings. There is no set way to do your own wedding. For my own, we had th ebridesmaids and groomsmen walk out to Canon in D which can be long or short depending on the # in your wedding party. If you have a smaller party, then having only one exit song is just fine. Trumpet voluntary as suggested by another user is a good one. Good luck and happy planning.

You can't go wrong with Pacabela in D minor...absolutely stunning and so peaceful. You can often get a cd with 10-12 versions on it. It's lovely.

Anything you like, really, since this is your wedding... but I wouldn't recommend rap or AC/DC music, lol!
Btw, did I say "felicitations?" Congratulations, also, to your groom!