AdviceWeddings

Frugal Wedding Location in Long Island

I am looking for a place where I can do my wedding. We are on a tight budget. It's for about 100 guests, if that.

By DGirlGray from Long Island, NY

Why not have it in your church and fellowship hall. Of course if all else fails have an outside wedding and pray for good weather. I'm sure there are a lot of parks that you can use for free or else a relative's yard.

I've often wondered why people don't get married as they did during the WW2 and Depression years. Get married by a justice of the peace with one or two couples as witnesses and maybe your parents [and kids?]. Have an informal gathering at your home or parent's home in the evening.

That's sort of a basic no frills wedding concept. Then add on from that or modify if your budget allows. Instead of looking at wedding costing 10's of thousands of dollars and feeling everything taken from that is something you might have had, start with the wedding above and anything else you can add is a blessing.