Sources for Wedding Flowers

I'm trying to save money on my wedding by creating my own flower arrangements. Any ideas where I can get the flowers from?

Thanks,
Abi

I did a Google search for "online flower suppliers" and came back with a ton of hits!

Here's one that has a lot of links on it:

http://www.whol … 317858f18fa27ed7

Here's one that looks REALLY good! http://www.agro … /cut_flowers.htm

Good luck and best wishes!

You may want to consider thinking outside the box. I got married in September. My attendants did not carry flowers, but candles. I found these beautiful candle flutes that resemble champagne glasses. You put a long taper candle in it and just a simple silk ribbon on the stem. It was very classy looking...AND CHEAP. I actually did my own flowers using somewhat expensive silk roses. They were about $1.00 each. I set them in a bouquet and wrapped their stems in white ribbon w/ many ribbons dangling off. I think the whole thing cost about $12.00 - not bad compared to the $500.00 bouquets the local florist would do.

At my wedding(s) - I (1) went to our flower market & got flowers of the season & arranged them in florists foam in baskets I got at thrift shops & put them on the table - made my own bouquet (I now know you can get holders for that in craft stores) & bought boutonnières/corsages for the wedding party. At (2) I got bouquets for me -the bride, my sister - the matron of honor and my nieces - the bridesmaids at a florist. I got flowers from the supermarket & had my nieces collect the queen Anne's lace that was all around wild! We then made flower arrangements in all the Middle Eastern glass I had gotten from my godmother. We were in a backyard - so we bought lilies from a garden center and used them to create an altar area & then planted them in the garden afterwards!

I made corsages and bouteniers (or however it's spelled) from two dozen roses I bought at the grocery store. For my bouquet and my bridesmaids bouquets, I called a florist and told her I wanted pink flowers and how much I wanted to spend and she made some pretty bouquets that were affordable. I didn't have my heart set on any certain type of flower, just the color, so being flexible paid off.

Always see if there are flower sellers/producers or wholesale flower markets near you. And buy flowers in season, which are the best buy.