AdviceGifts

Christmas Gift Ideas for Employer

I don't know what to get my boss (an attorney) for Christmas. After working for him for 20 years, I have run out of ideas.

By Sally

Ask him or members of his family. Look at his daily schedule, a cushion and back pillow might be in order. I tend toward practical so I would consider a very fine fountain pen, real cotton or linen handkerchiefs, driving gloves, or something that is delivered as fruit of the month or the like. How about 20 of something? Hope this helps.

How about a gift certificate to a fancy restaurant in town for him and his wife? Be generous enough to include a bottle of wine. Or a gift certificate to get his car detailed. Or a certificate for a day at a day spa/massage. Or, depending on what type of person he is and where you live, a ride on a hot air balloon!

Frames are always nice, as well as nicer candles. All the others are good, too. If he likes beer, you can get a 6 pack of specialty beers delivered each month.

He must be a wonderful boss to have had you around for 20 years. How about a nice plaque for the best boss of the Century!

You can't go wrong with a gift card from a book store.

What about making a donation to a charity in his name, especially one in which something specific is purchased. I am thinking of WWW where you "adopt a whale" or World Vision where you can donate a sum and purchase four chickens for a family in Africa. That sort of thing. I am sure that you can find something in this line that he would support.

Starbucks gift certificate. Do you have to give something different every year?

Tried some useful and that will surely use in his daily life; like work related stuff for him.