DecorationsWeddings

Dividing a Room With Tulle

I need to divide a big room using tulle. One side will be for the reception and the other for the ceremony. Can anyone tell me how would be the best way to hang a bolt of tulle?

Terri from Lakeland, Florida

I have seen Martha Stewart use a product that looks like fishing rod line to hang her Christmas ornaments. I would use either clear fishing line for a rod and reel or florist wire that is near invisible or matches the color of the tulle. Good luck on your upcoming event. L from Houston

Are you using a large swag - with a dip in the center & secured at each end with a length on each wall? Or do you want to have a screen of tulle? I would suggest rather getting some sort of screens, and covering them with fabric....I have used screens of lace - but they really do keep people out & might be flammable. Have you thought of renting/getting large potted palms? Or artificial trees?

Thank for your suggestions. I do have several ficus trees that will be used in decorating. I need to do a screen of tulle. I am able to staple the tulle to the ceiling but i just want to make sure i have it even with not a whole bunch on one end and just a little on the other. I have a 150' of tulle so that's going to be a little difficult to guess at. I'm not real worried about it being see through, i just want to make the illusion of two seperate rooms. Fishing line is an option, thats just seems to be a lot of threading for that much tulle. This however would make it possible to make it even and gather it as a curtain. Just not sure if i have time for that. I only have about 3 hours to get all my decorations and cake up before the cemerony time.

I decided to thread 50 yards of tulle as a curtain. It took me 3 days on and off with some help to do it all by hand, but it is beautiful. I can not wait to hang it in the room. I believe it was worth the time and patience to get it done. I doubled a thick piece of fishing line as my rod to hang it with and even made a ruffle at the top. I will post pictures when we decorate for the wedding - Feb 3, 2007. I would do this all over again if i had to. This was the best way to go.

I just moved into a very small studio apartment and have been thinking about dividing my living room and kitchen areas with fabric...I tend to be a visual person anyway someone could send me some photos?