AdviceWeddings

Picnic Themed Rehearsal Dinner Ideas

I need some ideas for a fall "picnic" themed rehearsal dinner.

By Chris Carter from Chattanooga, TN

For center pieces you could use small pumpkins and hollow them out and either use floral foam and make a center piece with fall color flowers or find pots of mums small enough to fit in them and put little votive cups all around with candles in them or hollow out a small hole in mini pumpkins and apples and sit a small tealight candle in them. You could use solid color or plaid color table clothes in fall colors. For food how about macaroni and cheese or some other type of casserole dishes, soups or chili would be a good option if you live where it's chilly and crisp in the fall or how about bar b cue chicken or some type of meatballs that can be kept warm in a crock.

If you went with the pumpkin idea for the decorations you could roast the pumpkin seeds and put them in pretty little dishes around on the table. For desserts there's all sorts of wonderful apple and pumpkin desserts like pies, cakes and bars maybe a pumpkin roll with cream filling. I've never had a fancy wedding so this is just off the top of my head. I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help.