Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Christmas Pin Craft Ideas

1 0EmailFollow
Pin It
Angel Christmas pin craft.

Fun projects for gifts or personal decoration are pins with a Christmas theme. This guide contains Christmas pin craft ideas.

Solutions: Christmas Pin Craft Ideas

Read and rate the best solutions below by giving them a "thumbs up".

Angel Lapel Pin

Angel pin in gold, silver, and pearl.This pin is a recycle pattern with a Christmas theme. It is a tiny angel lapel pin using gold safety pins, pearls, and beads. It is appropriate for casual wear or for dressy occasions to Christmas parties.

• gold or silver safety pins
  • pearls and gold or silver beads
  • beads
  • beading wire - 32 gauge
  • pin back
  • hot glue gun and glue

Instructions:

1. Start by threading 5 pearls (2 1/2 mm) onto each safety pin. Use the photos as a guide as you work.
  2. Cut one piece of beading wire 6 or 7 inches long and string the head ends of the pins on this wire adding a 5mm pearl between each safety pin.
  3. Then take the wire on each side, and thread it back through to the center pin.
  4. Snug the pins up on the wire; then twist the wire at the back and clip.
  5. Cut another piece of wire about 12 inches long and thread all 6 of the backs of the safety pins onto the wire.
  6. Center them on the wire, and then add the 7mm pearl (bodice) by threading the ends of the wire through the bead from opposite sides.
  7. Next, thread 7 gold or silver beads onto each end of the wire and thread the wire back through the 7mm pearl. Pull up until the wings form.
  8. Continue with the same wire and thread both ends up through the 8mm pearl (head).
  9. Thread 6 gold or silver beads for the halo on one end of the wire; then thread them on the other wire in the opposite direction.
  10. Snug everything down until it is fairly tight with the head resting on the bodice and the halo standing on edge on the top of the head.
  11. Turn pin over and hot glue the pin back in position. See last picture for placement.

The instructions are also in a PDF file for which you may need Acrobat Reader to view. Download Acrobat Reader

Click Here to download the Panoramic Angel Lapel Pin Instructions in PDF format.

By Harlean from Hot Springs, AR

By Harlean Greathouse

Rigatoni Reindeer Ornament or Pin

Rigitoni Reindeer This is a good craft for the kiddies. They will need a little help with the hot glue gun, or you could substitute thick Tacky Glue. They can make it to hang on the tree or as a lapel pin.

Approximate Time

• 1 piece rigatoni*, uncooked
  • 1-12 inch brown chenille stem
  • 1 small red bead for the nose
  • a pair of tiny wiggly eyes. Fig 1 Fig 2
  • 10 or 12 inches of red 1/4 inch ribbon
  • hot glue gun and glue
  • brown acrylic paint and a small paint brush
*Rigatoni is a pasta found where you buy spaghetti.

Instructions:

1. Paint rigatoni with brown acrylic paint.
  2. Let dry thoroughly.
  3. Cut the brown chenille stem into 3-4 inch pieces.
  4. Bend one into a V and each of the others into an oval shape.
  5. Glue them to the rigatoni using Fig. 2 above as a guide.
  6. Cut the red ribbon in half and glue one piece in place for a hanger, and tie the other piece in a bow and glue top front of pasta.
  7. Glue on 2 tiny wiggly eyes and the red bead for the nose.
  8. Or you could leave the hanger ribbon off and glue a pin back to the backside and wear it on your lapel.

Click Here to download the Rigatoni Reindeer Instructions in PDF format.

By Harlean from Hot Springs, Arkansas

By Harlean Greathouse

Quickie Jingle Bell Lapel Pin

Jingle Bell Lapel PinAn easy and quick craft for the kids. Jingle Bells on a shiny pin. Let them make them for friends and family as gifts.

Supplies

• Large safety pin, 3 inches
  • 1/8-inch ribbon, red and green
  • 4 small jingle bells
  • Hot glue

Instructions

Materials: Cut pieces of ribbon about 8 inches long, 4 green and 3 red. Fold in half and lay over pin on opposite side from opening. Pass the ends through the loop and pull tight. Alternate the red and green as shown. Thread one end of each green ribbon through a jingle bell. Tack the ends together using hot glue. Also tack each knot at the top with hot glue.

By Harlean from Hot Springs, Arkansas

Click Here to download the instructions in PDF format.

By Harlean Greathouse

Give a "thumbs up" to the solution that worked the best! Do you have a better solution? Click here to share it!

Here are questions related to Christmas Pin Craft Ideas.

Question: Tee-Shirt Safety Pin Christmas Tree

I saw a person that had on a t-shirt and using safety pins formed a Christmas tree on it. You can use colored safety pins of your choice. Can anyone show me or tell me how to make these? I would like to make them for my family. I need instructions and pictures would be wonderful if you have them or know where I can find pictures. Thanks sooo much and God Bless. I need this as soon as possible so I can start on them.

By Kay from Clyde, TX

Most Recent Answer

By Robyn Fed [388]11/12/2012

I noticed at the end of the video she was going to use this as an ornament, but I would think you could use a safety pin to attach it to the t shirt.

Blessings,
Robyn

Question: Making a Safety Pin Christmas Tree T-shirt Decoration

I have seen a friend of mine wearing a t-Shirt and it has a large Christmas tree on it using safety pins. That's all that was used and it was so cute and looked simple, but I really don't know were to begin. Please, does anyone have the instructions or know how to make these? I sure would love to know how to make one. I would like to make these for my family members to wear at Christmas time. Help please and God bless.

I have looked all over the internet and can't find them. Thanks.

By Kay

Question: Making Christmas Pins

I would love to make some cute Christmas pins for the ladies at my church. Anyone have anything quick and inexpensive?

Karen from Clemmons, NC

Most Recent Answer

By Sandi [391]12/11/2008

http://www.thriftyfun.com/tf55082090.tip.html

Poor But Proud here! I know you! Enjoy the ideas!
Sandi

Photos

Below are photos related to this guide.

Safety Pin Angel

This is a safety pin doll my wife used to make and sell at craft shows. It is constructed with gold safety pins and acrylic beads.

By Carl from Brodheadsville, PA

Editor's Note: Carl sent this in via email to share with our members and he has no instructions. He just wanted to share his late wife's creativity.

Safety Pin Angel