Country at Heart Pins

If you don't know what "cheater quilt" fabric is, it's basically fabric that looks like it was pieced together already. I found some that was so many different combinations, just depending on where you cut it.

I made these cool pins.

• fabric
  • felt
  • glue and water, for stiffener
  • heart shaped template
  • scissors
  • Ad
  • needle
  • thread
  • glue
  • pin back

Directions:

1. I simply sewed down the seams where the fabric went from one pattern to another in each direction, onto a piece of felt.
  2. Then, using 3 parts glue to 1 part water stiffener, I stiffened the fabric to make it cut like paper. This not only makes it easier to work with, but seals the thread so when you cut it, it won't unravel.
  3. Make or find a heart template that you like, and trace around them, trying to get all the fabric variety in the heart shape.
  4. I whip stitched around the outside, and glued a pin back with a piece of felt over the middle on the back.

The cost is about 4 cents per unit, and I sold them for $2.00!

By Sandra from Salem, OR

You are my favorite type person, I do a lot of crafts & also do a newsletter for many of us crafters that are pen pals, I would love to connect with you & share ideas. Please contact me thru here...I hope.

I WOULD LOVE TO MAKE ITEMS LIKE THAT, BUT AM HAVING A HARD TIME FINDING THE FABRIC. ANY SUGGESTIONS?

DO I HAVE TO USE MY SEWING MACHINE?

IT IS BROKE.

I find the fabric at almost any place from Walmart to Joannes. You can go on eBay and put in fabric in crafts, then put in cheater quilt in front of fabric and it will link you up.

No, you don't have to have a sewing machine, I just wanted it to be more quilted looking. You can do it by hand, esp' if you are doing it on a small scale. Keep in mind, I made 300 so I sewed the seam all the way down the felt each direction, then cut the hearts out afterward.

Let me know if I can help any further!

Poor But Proud

I am submitting some fabric to look for on ebay right now.

Thank You for taking the time to carefully write out the directions. It's an amazing looking piece of jewelry! ...I do have 3 easy questions for you.

1) Can you use liquid starch or do you need to use fabric stiffener which cost much more?

2) What brand of fabric stiffener do you prefer?

3) What type of glue did you use? I've found that many glues simply don't work for long (like Elmer's & super glue) I've had some success with 2 part epoxy, but my all time favorite (for most projects) is E6000.

Those are really pretty.

Making Fabric Pins
Making Fabric Pins
Crafts JewelryDecember 6, 2008
Valentine's ice cream sandwiches.
Ice Cream Cake Hearts
safety pin on purple background
Safety Pin and Bead Craft Projects
Making Button Bulletin Board Pins
Making Button Bulletin Board Pins
African baby in a t-shirt.
Adopting a Child from a Foreign Country
🎉
🎄