How to Make a Friendship Bracelet with a Simple Sliding Knot
The distinction of this style friendship bracelet is the ability to easily remove it. This is a guide about how to make a friendship bracelet with simple sliding knot.
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This is the easiest of friendship bracelets to make, consisting of just a single plait. But with the addition of a sliding knot, which is easier to do than you would think, it can also be taken on and off. Add a couple of pretty beads too if you like.
- 6 lengths of embroidery floss
- 2 large holed beads
- Cut 6 lengths of embroidery floss, long enough to fit around your wrist plus about 12 inches.
- Tie a knot several inches from one end.
- Separate into three lots of two.
- Cross the left strands over the middle strands, then the right strands over the middle strands and keep doing this until your plait is long enough to fit around your wrist. Then tie a knot again.
- Tie another knot next to it, but do not pull it tight.
- Thread the other end of the bracelet through this knot.
- Now you can pull the knot tight.
- Slide the threads through this knot to make the bracelet bigger or smaller.
- If you like you can pretty it up with some beads.
- Tie big knots behind the beads to stop them slipping off, and trim the ends.
August 16, 20170 found this helpful
Very cute ! This would be very nice for my niece to do before school starts to give to her friends.
August 18, 20170 found this helpful
That's a good idea especially as kids can get so bored during that last week before school starts