Sherbet Swirl Friendship Bracelet

Category Jewelry
Sherbet Swirl Friendship Bracelet
These pretty embroidery floss friendship bracelets are very easy to make and make wonderful gifts. Keep reading to learn how to make a Sherbert Swirl Friendship Bracelet.

Bracelets are getting so popular lately. I decided I just had to try one of these for myself. This is really fun to do, very inexpensive too. What great gifts! Or they make a nice project for a slumber party. In addition to simple braiding, this has wrapped twisting knots that give it a really nice effect. Have fun! :)

Total Time: 30 minutes

Source: Based on a book I found at a garage sale.

• embroidery floss, three colors
  • scissors
  • clipboard
  • measuring tape

1. You will need 3 different colors of thread. Cut 3 lengths from EACH color, all 21" long. You will have a total of 9 lengths of thread. Tie in a knot about 1 1/2" from one end.
  2. Clip the end to a clipboard and pull one strand to the left.
  3. Cross this over the group of threads toward the right.
  4. Now bring the single thread UNDER the group, moving left, and up through this space you have created.
  5. Pull tightly and repeat 9 more times.
  6. You will now group all of the threads together again, separating the colors so they are together.
  7. Make a simple braid about as long as the knotted part.
  8. You will now separate 1 thread of a DIFFERENT color away from the group.
  9. Knot this 10 times.
  10. You will continue by alternating equal lengths of braiding and knotting until you have reached your desired length.
  11. The only thing you have to remember is when you separate your single color to knot, choose a different one each time you wrap. If you keep grabbing the same thread, it will be much shorter than the others and you may not have enough to finish your bracelet.
  12. Knot your final end, trim both ends.
  13. My braided work was 7" long. The bracelet including ends was 10" long. Happy bracelet making! :)

Cute! I like your idea about using the clipboard to hold it. I usually put my ends in a drawer and shut it. The clipboard sounds much easier!

Aww love! We used to these in grade school and trade them with friends. Good memories. Thanks for sharing. :)

Cute color combo! :)