Making Trellis Yarn Jewelry

Category Jewelry
Trellis yarn is a lacy, colorful, ribbon yarn that is an excellent choice for making jewelry. This is a guide about making trellis yarn jewelry.

Do any of the Thrifty Fun community members know where I can get free trellis and ladder crochet necklace patterns?

By Marjorie

Answers

Try online at Mary Maxim or Auntie's Attic. Also type the kind of pattern you want in a search engine. Then select video and there may be a lesson on it to get you started.

https://www.goo … 1024&bih=677

This link gives you lots of ideas when you click on images. I hope that helped.

http://justanot … ce-tutorial.html and other sites as well

I would to find a free pattern for ladder yarn earrings. Could someone please help me?

By Joyce

Answers

https://www.you … ch?v=yFHeoDqs3GI

I am looking for directions for jewelry making with ladder yarn that does not require crocheting.

By Susan

Answers

Not sure what ladder yarn is; is this the same as finger weaving with yarn? If it is I would also like some patterns, and not just for jewelry.

I bought a trellis ribbon necklace at a craft fair that was not crocheted. It had many strands that just laid flat and the back seemed to have been secured with wrapped thread. All the patterns I can find are crocheted. Any idea how this was made?

By Paula

Answers

I too, have one of these. I am interested in information about this too. I am thinking the yarn needs to ironed then wrapped around something that will give you the ability to keep it straight and the length uniform. If you learn any more information please let me know.

Cyinda showed a picture of a lovely ruffled necklace using trellis yarn. I can't figure it out, so if it's possible to give more detailed instructions I would really appreciate it.

Thank you.

By Pauline from Myrtle Beach, SC

Answers

Just found these detailed instructions & photos for trellis yarn necklaces:

http://www.nume … bbonnecklace.htm

I am looking for Jazzy metallic creator fiber yarn. What colors does the Jazzy metallic yarn come in?

By Glenda from Tucson, AZ

I'm looking for pattern to make a "neckarf" out of ladder yarn that I've seen for sale on eBay. They are heavier than necklaces, more like a scarf. Thxs.

By Sharon S.

Where can I get pendant beads?

By Karen from Lakeville, MA

I would like to have the instructions to make this necklace please.

By Christi

I know how to make the basic slip bead necklace. I would like your direction on the other methods with the elastic and plastic, then also the one that is pictured with all the different lengths.

By cmajor

I am looking for directions on how to make trellis ribbon earrings. Please help. I would like to make a necklace and earring set to sell for charity benefits. Thanks.

By Annie M from Cincinnati, OH

Does anyone have instructions to make a ladder necklace and earrings?

By Doris from Chula Vista, CA

Has anyone been able to find a pattern for crocheted trellis earrings?

By Brenda from CO

Answers:

Jewelry Made from Trellis Ribbon Yarn

No trellis yarn earring patterns yet, but I just found these detailed instructions and photos for trellis yarn necklaces that everyone has been looking for: numei.com (04/28/2010)

By Cyinda

At a craft fair last fall I saw a vendor with necklaces and earrings made from the trellis (also called ladder) ribbon yarns. I went back to buy some in a couple of hours and they were sold out. The vendor was selling them for her sister and did not know the pattern instructions and I can't remember them well enough to make them look right. I have found patterns for the necklaces, but not the earrings. Can anyone help?

By Melodybh from Oak Ridge, TN

Answers:

Jewelry Made from Trellis Ribbon Yarn

Go to the website anythingcrafty.com and click on Craft Patterns Trellis Yarn. The necklace instructions are $5.00 and you get the earrings pattern for free. That's all I could find. I would love to see photos of the finished product. Maybe you could post some here when you get them done. Good luck. (05/04/2009)

By Momof1

Jewelry Made from Trellis Ribbon Yarn

Go to the URL below, I posted basic directions and pictures:

thriftyfun.com

(07/07/2009)

By Cyinda

I saw a necklace made out of Trellis ladder yarn and cannot figure out how to make it. Does anyone know?

By atph from NY

Answers:

Crocheting Necklaces Out of Trellis Yarn

It's all done with a large hook (J, K etc) and only chains. Just look at the pictures here and copy one.

There's a second type that's made by single crocheting around a piece of clear elastic. OR, a third type that's made by threading the clear beading elastic thread on to a "big eye" beading needle then thread every 2, 3 or 4 empty square on to the elastic (skipping every other or every 2 or 3 "holes"). They can either be threaded on straight (accordion style) or the Trellis yarn can be twisted in a spiral with every empty square that's threaded.

For more details write me here on ThriftyFun.
Cyinda

Here's a picture of the necklace made by the #2 or #3 method. (07/03/2009)

By Cyinda

RE: Crocheting Necklaces Out of Trellis Yarn

Here's the trellis yarn necklace made only with crocheted chain: (07/04/2009)

By Cyinda

I am new to the site and am trying to find patterns to knit or crochet necklaces out of Trellis yarn or similar types. I am also looking for patterns to make them without being knit or crocheted. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Happy Holidays.

Donna from Worthington, MN

Answers:

I don't know if they specifically have a pattern that uses trellis yarn, but I find dozens of great patterns on crochetpatterncentral.com (12/15/2008)

By ellens815

http://store.knitting-warehouse.com/trellisnecklace.html

Has a pattern using Trellis yarn for a "bib" necklace. Is that what you wanted?

Harriet (12/21/2008)

By Harriet

If you need a really great Trellis necklace pattern go to www.anythingcrafty.com. The pattern also includes a "free" earrings pattern complete with full color pictures of the supplies and tools needed to complete your project. (04/25/2009)

By anythingcrafty