Making a Washer Lariat Necklace
Following a quick trip to the hardware store or a rummage through the tool box for a washer, you are ready to create this unique necklace. This is a guide about making a washer lariat necklace
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This simple necklace can be made formal or casual and in any color.
- metal washer
- scrapbook paper
- Modge Podge
- Modge Podge Dimensional Magic
- paint brush
- crafting knife
- lighter, optional
- Apply a thin layer of Modge Podge to one side of the washer with a paint brush. Gently adhere a piece of scrapbook paper and allow to dry for at least an hour.
- Use a craft knife to trim away the extra paper. Then carefully trim out the hole in the center of the washer.
- Apply Modge Podge Dimensional Magic around the outer edge and around the hole in the middle. Then fill in the space between, too. Allow to dry for at least 3 hours.
- Adhere a coordinating paper to the other side of the washer.
- Allow to dry, then trim away the extra paper as before.
- Apply the Modge Podge Dimensional Magic, the same as before, and allow to dry for at least 3 hours.
- Determine how long you want the necklace to be and cut the cording. Fold the cording in half, put the loop through the center of the washer and then bring the ends through the loop. Now put the ends through the center of the washer.
- Use a lighter to melt the ends of the cording, to prevent fraying. Then add beads and knot the ends.
- Enjoy your new jewelry!
August 9, 20151 found this helpful
I love that!!! I want to make some!
March 24, 20160 found this helpful
TY for sharing