Making a Safety Pin Angel
This pin is a recycle pattern with a Christmas theme. It is a tiny angel lapel pin using gold safety pins, pearls, and beads. It is appropriate for casual wear or for dressy occasions to Christmas parties.
- gold or silver safety pins
- pearls and gold or silver beads
- beading wire - 32 gauge
- pin back
- hot glue gun and glue
- Start by threading 5 pearls (2 1/2 mm) onto each safety pin. Use the photos as a guide as you work.
- Cut one piece of beading wire 6 or 7 inches long and string the head ends of the pins on this wire adding a 5mm pearl between each safety pin.
- Then take the wire on each side, and thread it back through to the center pin.
- Snug the pins up on the wire; then twist the wire at the back and clip.
- Cut another piece of wire about 12 inches long and thread all 6 of the backs of the safety pins onto the wire.
- Center them on the wire, and then add the 7mm pearl (bodice) by threading the ends of the wire through the bead from opposite sides.
- Next, thread 7 gold or silver beads onto each end of the wire and thread the wire back through the 7mm pearl. Pull up until the wings form.
- Continue with the same wire and thread both ends up through the 8mm pearl (head).
- Thread 6 gold or silver beads for the halo on one end of the wire; then thread them on the other wire in the opposite direction.
- Snug everything down until it is fairly tight with the head resting on the bodice and the halo standing on edge on the top of the head.
- Run the ends of the wire down through the 8mm bead, then twist them together, and clip them.
- Turn pin over and hot glue the pin back in position. See last picture for placement.
Click Here to download the instructions in PDF format.
By Harlean from Hot Springs, AKRead More Comments
Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this page.
This is a safety pin doll my wife used to make and sell at craft shows. It is constructed with gold safety pins and acrylic beads.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.