Making a Beaded 9-11 Lapel Pin
These little lapel pins are an easy craft for kids or seniors, in remembrance of the tragedies of September, 11, 2001. This is a guide about making a beaded 9-11 lapel pin
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This sort of goes hand in hand with the flag pin that I submitted recently.
List of Supplies:
- safety pins: 1 gold pin: size #2 (measures 1 1/2 inch), 12 gold pins: size #0
- glass beads in blue and white - Size 10MM
- You will need a needle nose pliers and something to spread the loop end of your large safety pin. I find that a metal fingernail file works well for this, or perhaps a small letter holder.
- Using the photos as a guide, spread the loop on the large gold pin and set aside.
- Prepare the small pins with the appropriate color glass beads. Each pin holds 10 beads. (Note: Beads may vary slightly in size, so you may have to change a bead or two so they will fit.)
- Thread each of 5 pins with 10 blue beads.
- On 3 pins, thread 1 blue, 8 white, and 1 blue beads.
- On 1 pin, thread 1 blue, 4 white, 2 blue, 1 white and 2 blue beads.
- On 1 pin, thread 1 blue, 1 white, 2 blue, 2 white, 2 blue, 1 white and 1 blue beads.
- On 1 pin, thread 5 blue, 1 white, and 4 blue beads.
- On 1 pin, thread 4 blue, 1 white, and 5 blue beads.
- Lay pins out and attach to main pin using the photos as your guide.
By Harlean from Hot Springs, Arkansas