Making a Safety Pin Bracelet
This is a guide about safety pin bracelet
. Starting with just safety pins and a variety of beads, you can create a unique bracelet.
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This is an easy, quick, useful, and nearly free project for you to make. With a few safety pins and beads, you can create a one of a kind piece of jewelry for yourself or a friend. No special skills required.
**This would be a fun tween slumber party project.:)
Total Time: Under 30 minutes
- 14 3/4" long safety pins
- 42 size "e" glass beads
- 14 5 millimeter triangle glass beads
- jump ring
- jewelry needle nose pliers
This bracelet was made for an average woman's 6 1/2" wrist. I like my bracelets loose, and this one dangles about 1". You can easily make this smaller or larger by adding less or more safety pins.
- Open your first pin and place your first three beads like so, close your pin.
- Open your second pin and insert it into your beaded pin here.
- Place your beads as before, close. The next pin and each thereafter will be inserted into the "top" hole of the safety pin.
- Continue in this manner until you have all 14 pins connected and beaded.
- Now take your jump ring and pass it through a pin on one end.
- Pass it through your clasp as well.
- Close your jump ring securely, you are now able to fasten your bracelet.
- You will simply attach your clasp to the pin on the other end of your bracelet, simple as that!
- As you can see, I also made a version with a tiny pearl first, and then 2 small beads stacked on top. The possibilities are endless.
- I love bracelets, so will be making all different colors. What inexpensive and fun gifts these will make too! Have fun:)
July 21, 20150 found this helpful
This is a guide about making a beaded safety pin bracelet. Safety pins and various beads can be used for a beautiful, easy to make bracelet.
Ask a QuestionHere are the questions asked by community members. Read on to see the answers provided by the ThriftyFun community or ask a new question.
Does anyone have the instuctions for making a bracelet out of safteypins and beads?
In This Guide