Pink Polka Dot Safety Pin Cushion

Category Sewing
Here is a minor twist on the typical pin cushion. This one was made to store safety pins and no machine sewing is required. This is a guide about pink polka dot safety pin cushion.

I wanted a prettier way to store my safety pins which I use for crafts. So I put this together, a pink polka-dot stuffed heart. It is the perfect color for the dreary winter days ;). I really like how it turned out. I save yarn and fabric scraps for stuffing projects like this, and nothing goes to waste.

• fabric, I used pink polka dot
  • safety pins
  • scissors
  • pen or pencil
  • fabric scrapes for stuffing, yarn scraps also would work, or Polyfil
  • needle and thread
  • yarn scrap, for hanger
  • ribbon, optional

1. You need two pieces of fabric. Pin them together evenly. I use safety pins.
  2. Ad

3. Draw a heart shape onto the two pieces of material with right sides facing.
  4. Cut the shape out, leaving a border.
  5. Sew the sides except for two inches, so you can turn the shape inside out. Trim seam allowance.
  6. Turn right side out. The little heart shape is now ready to stuff. I stuffed it with scraps of material left over from other crafts. Stuff it nice and full.
  7. Sew the remaining two inches closed.
  8. I put a yarn loop on top, and then tied a red wire ribbon into a bow around the loop.
  9. Ad