Pink Polka Dot Safety Pin Cushion
Here is a minor twist on the typical pin cushion. This one was made to store safety pins and no machine sewing is required. This is a guide about pink polka dot safety pin cushion.
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
I wanted a prettier way to store my safety pins which I use for crafts. So I put this together, a pink polka-dot stuffed heart. It is the perfect color for the dreary winter days ;). I really like how it turned out. I save yarn and fabric scraps for stuffing projects like this, and nothing goes to waste.
- fabric, I used pink polka dot
- safety pins
- pen or pencil
- fabric scrapes for stuffing, yarn scraps also would work, or Polyfil
- needle and thread
- yarn scrap, for hanger
- ribbon, optional
- You need two pieces of fabric. Pin them together evenly. I use safety pins.
- Draw a heart shape onto the two pieces of material with right sides facing.
- Cut the shape out, leaving a border.
- Sew the sides except for two inches, so you can turn the shape inside out. Trim seam allowance.
- Turn right side out. The little heart shape is now ready to stuff. I stuffed it with scraps of material left over from other crafts. Stuff it nice and full.
- Sew the remaining two inches closed.
- I put a yarn loop on top, and then tied a red wire ribbon into a bow around the loop.