Polka-dotted Flower Card
Dainty polka dots border this cheerful flower made from layers of paper to add detail. This page is about making a polka-dotted flower card
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Use some simple materials to make a colorful, yet elegant, birthday card. Change the colors used to suit the recipient's personality.
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: one card
- pattern of flower
- tracing paper and pencil
- 11.4 x 5.7 light yellow marbled cardstock
- 5.7 x 5.6 yellow cardboard with red polka dots
- 5.7 x 5.6 dark orange textured cardstock
- 3 x 3 light orange cardstock
- 3 x 3 light yellow textured cardstock
- 11.3 x 5.6 yellow paper
- brown seed beads
- light yellow paper craft string
- craft glue
- Trace and cut two flowers - the big flower from the yellow cardstock with the red polka dots, and the smaller one from the dark orange textured cardstock.
- Trace and cut two inner circles for the flower - the big inner circle from the light orange cardstock, and the small one from the light yellow textured cardstock.
- Score the light yellow marbled cardstock length-wise to create a card sized 5.7" x 5.6".
- With the fold at the left, position and glue the flower cut from the polka dot cardstock in place.
- Glue the second flower, i.e. the one cut from the dark orange textured cardstock, in place.
- Glue the two inner circles for the flower in place.
- Glue the seed beads in place to add "pollen" to the flower.
- Make a frame around the card with the yellow craft string and cut off any protruding pieces.
- Score the yellow paper length-wise and glue it to the inside of the card.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.