In-Full-Blossom Birthday Card
Cut paper flowers in many colors using the pattern included with this craft and attach them to the card front using brads. The recipient will love this handcrafted card. Learn how to make an in-full-blossom birthday card
using the instructions in this page.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Use some simple materials to make an elegant birthday card.
Approximate Time: 20 minutes
- 8.2 inch x 5.6 inch light green marbled cardboard
- 8.0 inch x 5.4 inch emerald green paper
- 3.9 inch x 5.4 inch piece cut from a tan colored cork sheet
- leftover pieces of paper in the following colors: purple, green, blue, yellow, and orange
- small silver brads
- a pair of standard scissors
- quick-drying glue
- one matching envelope
- Fold the 8.2 inch x 5.6 inch marbled cardboard in half to create a card 5.6 inches x 4.1 inches. Use the ruler to make the fold neat and smooth.
- Resize the included pattern of the flower, if necessary, and print it out.
- Cut the pattern out and place it on a piece of colored paper. Trace around the pattern and then cut out the flower that has so been traced onto the paper.
- Continue tracing and cutting more flowers from different colored papers until you have enough for this project. I used 13 flowers to make the card.
- Affix each flower to the front of the piece cut from the cork sheet, using a brad for each flower.
- Glue the piece of cork sheet to the front of the card, carefully ensuring that it is an equal distance from the edges.
- Fold the 8.0 inch x 5.4 inch emerald green paper in half and glue it to the inside of the card to write a message.
Photo 1: The pattern for the flower.
Photo 2: Trace around the pattern and then cut out the flowers that have been traced onto the papers.
Photo 3: Affix each flower to the front of the piece cut from the cork sheet, using a brad for each flower.
Photo 4: The completed card.
By Benetta from Pretoria, Gauteng
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.