Making a Birthday Cake Birthday Card
The perfect motif for a homemade birthday card is a cute birthday cake design. This is a page about making a birthday cake birthday card.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Step by step instructions on how to easily make a cute birthday card that looks like a chocolate cake, using the simplest household stationery.
Approximate Time: less than 1 hour
- sheets of white paper, both thick and thin
- coloring pens
Making the card :
- Cut the thicker paper in a rectangular shape and fold it in half. Cut its edges round, as in the picture. Color the front flap with brown paint (I used watercolor, you can use whatever medium you like :).
- Taking the width of the card as reference, draw a cloud-like shape (as in the picture) on the remaining thick paper. Cut along its edges.
- Taking the reference of the cut-out, draw rounded curves at the top corners of the card and cut them, as in the picture (so the brown part isn't visible from beneath.
- Color the cut-out and cut a slit at its mid-part.
- Stick the cut-out on top of the card (take care not to glue the slit :).
- Cut a narrow strip from the remaining thick-paper. Cut its two ends like the flames of a candle (as in the picture). Fold it. Color it. Put it inside the slit of the white cut-out top.
Making the envelope :
- Fold the thinner paper in half and color its top flap.
- Place the card on top of it and taking reference from it, draw straight lines on all three sides (as in the picture). Cut along the side and the bottom lines. For the top line, cut only the upper flap of paper. Glue the side and the bottom.
- Fold the back flap forward. Draw curved lines on its edge (as shown).
- Cut along the curved lines.
Write your message, and it's done!
By Gunja from Kolkata, West Bengal
Everyone loves cake to celebrate their birthday, as shown in this clever card. Learn how to make it in this short video.